A couple of weeks ago, when my daughter Bea came home from school, she excitedly narrated to me how her day went. They had their victory party in class to conclude their election, and everyone brought potluck-style food for sharing. She told me she ate pizza, barbecue and homemade graham balls. She couldn’t stop raving about the latter and told me that she wanted to ask her classmate for the recipe but she was quite shy as they are not yet close friends. So I googled “graham balls recipe” and found that it’s a very simple and easy to make no-bake dessert or snack. Even my ten-year-old can do it herself. I immediately bought the ingredients and we had fun making the balls.
You will need —
- 1 pack (200 g) M.Y. San Crushed Graham Crackers [Honey Graham flavor]
- 1 small can (168 ml) Alaska Sweetened Condensed Filled Milk [or any other brand of your choice]
- 1/4 cup Alaska Evaporated Milk
- 1 small pack of marshmallows
- more crushed graham crackers for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix thoroughly until its consistency becomes similar to a dough.
- Scoop a small portion from the mixture and press it flatly against the palm of your hand. Place a marshmallow in the middle then fold the dough to close. Roll it using both palms to form a ball.
- Roll the ball onto more crushed graham to prevent it from sticking to the other balls. (You may also use candy sprinkles, dessicated coconut or chocolate powder.)
- Refrigerate the balls for at least an hour then enjoy!
This recipe yields about 14 balls. The graham balls are absolutely delicious and nutritious as a snack for kids and adults alike. They’re not too sweet, fun to make and even more fun to eat (ideal for baon to school). Try making them with your kids today.